What should I do if my ice maker is not making enough ice in my refrigerator?
If your ice maker is not making enough ice, here are few things to be aware of.
- The ice maker should produce 2 to 3 pounds of ice per 24 hours, depending on usage.
- The ice bin should hold about 4 pounds of ice. If this is not happening, the water filter may be clogged or overdue for replacement.
- If water is dispensing slowly or not at all, or your water filter is older than 6 months, it’s time to replace.
- If the water supply line is not kinked, this sometimes can happen if the refrigerator is pushed too far against the wall.
- Heavy traffic, opening or closing the refrigerator doors excessively can slow down ice production.
- Some models are equipped with Quick Freeze feature – just press Quick Freeze on your display to temporarily increase the ice production rate.
- If your refrigerator is not properly making ice, the freezer temperature could be set too warm. Set the freezer control to a colder setting to improve ice production. Allow 24 hours for the temperature to stabilize.
- If you have any further questions, please contact us.