There’s something so festive about sugar cookies, and this quick & easy recipe is sure to please your pickiest palates. No long hours baking in the kitchen needed.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. In a mixing bowl, add your butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Add in your flour, baking powder and salt, and mix until combined.
TIP: If you have the time, place the dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Refrigerating your dough keeps spreading in the oven to a minimum and also results in a slightly better flavor.
- Using a cookie scoop, place cookie dough on a parchment-lined or greased cookie sheet, leaving about 3-inches between each cookie.
- Using something that has a flat surface, like a small mason jar, flatten each cookie until it’s about 1/2 its original height.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, just until the edges barely start to golden. Let cool completely.
- For the frosting, place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix together with a hand or stand mixer until creamy and well combined. Mix in food coloring if desired.
- Frost cookies after they have completely cooled.