Wings might be the perfect handheld food. Starting them on your griddle attachment, then finishing them in the oven with a basting of homemade BBQ is DIY chicken wing heaven. Perfect for your next homegating event.
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Fit the griddle attachment on the stovetop, and heat over medium-heat. Toss the wings in the olive oil, getting them nicely coated, then season with salt. Working in batches, brown both sides of the wings, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer the wings to a baking tray lined with a rack, and place in the preheated oven. Bake for 35 – 40 minutes, turning halfway through, until crispy and cooked through.
- While the wings are baking, combing all of the ingredients for the BBQ sauce in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and allow to simmer for 5 – 6 minutes, until the sauce begins to thicken. Set aside.
- After about 40 minutes, baste both sides of the wings with BBQ sauce, and continue baking another 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately with extra sauce.
Crank up your cooking tip:
Save time by using the griddle attachment on the Frigidaire Professional Range to brown the wings in large batches.